Partick Thistle FC 1888-1889.
The club was founded in 1876 and first played at Muir Park in Partick. The team colours were a navy blue jersey with blue shorts and red socks. Note the players' footwear - apparently ordinary working boots with studs hammered into the soles - and the shin pads worn to protect the players' lower limbs!
Thistle's home ground changed frequently in the early period of the club's history. During the late 1880s they played at Inchview Park at Whiteinch, where this photograph may have been taken.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
boots, football, football grounds, football strips, football teams, footballers, Inchview Park, Muir Park, parks, Partick Thistle FC, shin pads