Meadowside Granary, which opened in 1913 and was demolished in 2002.
The City Engineer William Alston was responsible for the construction of Meadowside Quay and a granary for the Clyde Navigation Trust, 1911-1913. The granary was built of brick and had 13 bays and 13 storeys. It was extended with the addition of twenty-one bays in 1937 and two additional granaries were built to the west of the original, in 1960 and 1967. The granaries were closed in 1988 and demolished in 2002 as part of the Glasgow Harbour development.
Reproduced with the permission of the West of Scotland Archaeology Service
aerial views, city engineers, Clyde Navigation Trust, Glasgow Harbour, granaries, Meadowside Granary, Meadowside Quay, quays