The former offices of the Forth & Clyde Navigation Co at North Spiers Wharf in Port Dundas, 1991. The building was erected c 1812, and is a two story, five bay house with Doric porch and a steep central pediment and chimney. It was built opposite the quay at which passengers embarked and disembarked from the Swifts, the famous canal passenger boats.
Reproduced with the permission of the West of Scotland Archaeology Service
canal boats, canals, Forth & Clde Navigation Co, Forth and Clyde Canal, offices, quays, Swifts, wharves