The Govan passenger ferry, which operated between Pointhouse and Govan.
The first record of a ferry from Pointhouse to Govan is from 1734. The Clyde Navigation Trust became responsible for operating the service in 1857. The layout of the double-ended ferry was simple, with a small cab at each end for the ferry captain and shelters on either side for the passengers.
The passenger ferry was withdrawn from the Govan-Pointhouse crossing in 1966, two years after the opening of the second section of the Clyde Tunnel.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Clyde Navigation Trust, Clyde Tunnel, ferries, Govan Ferry, River Clyde