The control room at Pinkston Power Station in 1934. The station and its sub-stations were built primarily to generate electricity for the new electric tram cars which were introduced to Glasgow at the start of the 20th century. However, all the Tramway offices and buildings received electricity from the stations, as did electric street lighting installed along the tram routes.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
control rooms, electricity, Glasgow Corporation Tramways, Pinkston Power Station, trams