Caledonian Railway Co locomotive no 123 in the snow. It was built by Neilson & Co in 1886. A single-wheeler (ie; it had only a single pair of driving wheels), it was known as the "Caley Single". It is now on display in the Museum of Transport.
Reference: SRA XXX 056
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Caledonian Railway Co, Caley Single, Museum of Transport, Neilson & Co, railway platforms, railway stations, single wheelers, steam locomotives, trains