Pinkston Power Station in 1904.
Pinkston Power Station was built to supply the power for Glasgow Corporation Tramways' new electric tram cars. This photograph shows the main control board. The identity of the woman in the photograph is unknown, but it is unlikely a woman would have been employed in the control room of a power station before the First World War.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
electric tramways, Glasgow Corporation Tramways, main control boards, Pinkston Power Station, power stations, women