An advertisement for Gray, Dunn & Co, early 1900s.
Gray, Dunn & Co the bakers and biscuit manufacturers was founded in 1853 and received a Royal Warrant from Queen Victoria. The firm's factory was built in Stanley Street in Kinning Park in 1862 but destroyed by fire thirteen years later and had to be rebuilt. In addition to biscuits, Gray, Dunn & Co baked cakes and bread at Kinning Park.
The firm was acquired by Bilsland Brothers in 1912. Today, Gray, Dunn & Co's colourful biscuit tins are collectors items.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
advertisements, bakeries, bakers, Bilsland Brothers, biscuit manufacturers, biscuit tins, biscuits, factories, fires, Gray, Dunn & Co, Royal Warrants