An advertisement for Stewart & McDonald, early 1900s.
Stewart & McDonald's (founded in 1826) was a firm of clothing wholesalers and retailers with a famous department store on the corners of Mitchell, Argyle and Buchanan Streets. The firm also owned clothes factories in Glasgow, Leeds and Strabane. In 1913 the retail section of the business was hived off and the department store was renamed McDonalds.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
clothes, clothing, clothing manufacturers, department stores, McDonalds, shopping, shops, Stewart & Macdonald, warehousemen, warehouses