The swing bridge at the entrance to Queen's Dock, 1878. The hydraulic pumping station's accumulator tower (built in the style of an Italian campanile, or bell tower) is in the background. The distinctive building was restored in 1988 as a restaurant complex and by 2001 had been converted to become "The Tall Ship" Glenlee's visitor centre.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
accumulator towers, campaniles, docks, Glenlee, hydraulic pumping stations, Queen's Dock, swing bridges, The Tall Ship, visitor centres