No 1 dredger and No 4 barge at the site of the Stobcross Dock, 1875.
Work on the construction of the dock began in 1872. This photo shows the dredger deepening the river and depositing silt in the barge. In the distance is a diving bell.
In 1877 the dock was partially opened and renamed Queen's Dock. It was completed in 1880.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
barges, diving bells, docks, dredgers, dredging, No 1 dredger, No 4 barge, Queen's Dock, River Clyde, Stobcross Dock