A postcard view of the Glasgow International Exhibition, 1901.
The 1901 exhibition was opened on 2 May and ran until 9 November, covering roughly 73 acres of ground in Kelvingrove Park. Among the multitude of temporary buildings was this concert hall on the banks of the River Kelvin, with seating for 3,000 people. A full programme of concerts was organised for the duration of the exhibition, featuring performers from Britain and from countries as far away as Rumania.
Reproduced with the permision of Robert James
Concert Hall, concert halls, exhibitions, International Exhibition, 1901, Kelvingrove Park, parks, postcards, River Kelvin, rivers