An Argyll Motors souvenir booklet, 1906.
This booklet was printed in 1906 to celebrate the opening of the new Argyll motor works in Alexandria. Argyll cars had originally been made in Bridgeton at the Hozier Engineering Co works. It had a maximum output of between twenty and twenty-five cars a week. However the demand for Argylls was so great that this was not sufficient and, as the Bridgeton site could not be enlarged, a new factory was needed. Argyll's management decided to look outside the city and eventually decided on a 53 acre site in Alexandria. The new factory was opened in 1906 by Lord Montagu of Beaulieu.
Reference: T81 - 17b
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
advertisements, Argyll motor cars, Argyll Motors, car factories, Hozier Engineering Co, motor cars, souvenir booklets, women