Partick Station c 1912.
Partick Station (later renamed Partickhill) was built by the North British Railway Co in 1887 above Dumbarton Road and Norval Street. North British stations were not considered as stylish as those built by the rival Caledonian Railway Co but nevertheless provided good facilities for their customers. The up platform building had ladies' and gents' first class waiting rooms, a general waiting room, a porters' room and a booking office, as well as public toilets.
The station was entirely rebuilt in 1958 and again in the late 1970s, when it was relocated on the east side of Dumbarton Road and shares a station complex with Partick Station on the Glasgow Underground line.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
bowler hats, North British Railway Co, Partick Station, Partickhill Station, passengers, railway stations, station platforms, steam locomotives, trains, transport