The Royal Navy's cruiser HMS Dido with the tug Flying Dutchman and Hopper No 9, 1896.
HMS Dido was built at Govan by the London & Glasgow Engineering & Iron Shipbuilding Co Ltd, known locally as "the Limited". Unfortunately the warship was damaged during the launch and had to return to the inner graving dock at the shipyard for repairs.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
cruisers, Dido, Flying Dutchman, hoppers, London & Glasgow Engineering & Iron Shipbuilding Co, Royal Navy, shipyards, steamers, The Limited, tugs, warships