A drawing of a steam locomotive built at the Phoenix Iron Works.
Thomas Edington & Sons built four steam locomotives at their Phoenix Iron Works between 1840 and 1841. The locomotives were commissioned for the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock & Ayr Railway, which was officially opened in 1840 and linked Glasgow with the Ayrshire coast.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums)
Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock & Ayr Railway, Phoenix Iron Works, railways, steam locomotives, Thomas Edington & Sons, trains