Advertisments for the Caledonian Railway Co's Grampian Corridor Express service to Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
Buchanan Street Station was built in 1849 by the Caledonian Railway Co. Most of the trains using the station were bound for the north, serving towns and cities including Stirling, Perth, Oban, Aberdeen and Inverness. The Caledonian Railway Co's engines were painted a distinctive blue, while the coaches were chocolate and cream.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
advertisements, Caledonian Railway Co, Grampian Corridor Express, railways, trains