An advertisement for the Caledonian Railway Co's services from Glasgow to England.
The Caledonian Railway Co built Central Station in 1878. There were services to seaside resorts such as Blackpool, Torquay and St Ives. Connections with the southern ports meant that travellers in search of winter warmth and sunshine could start their journey to Palestine, Egypt and the West Indies from Central Station.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
advertisements, Caledonian Railway Co, holidays, locomotives, railways, trains