Caledonian Railway Co's steam engine no 21.
The Caledonian Railway Co built all its own engines at the St Rollox works in Springburn. Engine no 21 was a class 19, 0-4-4 type designed by John Lambie, the locomotive superintendent for the Caley from 1891 until 1895. Ten class 19 engines were ordered in June 1894 and delivered a year later. They were originally employed on passenger services running from Glasgow to Balloch and Dumbarton, but were later employed hauling goods wagons.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Caledonian Railway Co, locomotive builders, St Rollox Works, steam engines, steam locomotives, trains