Standard open-topped tramcar No 730.
Glasgow Corporation Tramways built tramcars at the Coplawhill depot in Albert Drive using Brill 21E trucks imported from Philadelphia, USA. No 730 is a phase 1 standard tram car. Phase 1 cars were built between 1899 and 1910. The design of the standard tram was modified from time to time, but standard cars were built and operated for many years in Glasgow. At one point there were 1,004 standard cars of various types operating in the city.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Brill 21E, Glasgow Corporation Tramways, open-topped trams, standard trams, tram conductors, tram drivers