A plan of the University of Glasgow's buildings and of the neighbouring Blackfriars Parish Church off High Street, based on a print by Captain John Slezer published in the Theatrum Scotiae in 1693.
The original University buildings, gifted in 1460 by James, Lord Hamilton, were rebuilt 1631-1660 around the two closes, or courts. Many additions were made over the years until 1870, when the University moved to Gilmorehill and the High Street buildings were sold and demolished by the City of Glasgow Union Railway Co. By the end of the 20th century the railway buildings and sidings that were erected on the site had themselves been swept away to make way for housing.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services
University of Glasgow
Blackfriars Parish Church, City of Glasgow Union Railway Co, gardens, maps, Old College, orchards, plans, University of Glasgow