Bellgrove United Presbyterian Church in Bellgrove Street at Reidvale Street, 1875.
The Greyfriars UP Church set up a mission station in the City Hall saloon during the 1850s. In 1862 some members formed the Canon Street UP (Mission) congregation and in 1870 they moved to this church and became Bellgrove UP. The congregation became UF in 1900. It terminated in 1937 on uniting with Young Street as Bellgrove and Young Street but remained in the Bellgrove Street building.
The church was situated near the cutting carrying the railway line at Bellgrove Station and fears arose for its safety. It was demolished in 1972, after the congregation united with Whitehill to form Dennistoun South Parish Church.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
Bellgrove and Young Street United Free Church, Bellgrove Station, Bellgrove United Free Church, Bellgrove United Presbyterian Church, churches, railway stations, spires