Cumberland Street United Presbyterian Church at the corner of Mathieson Street in Laurieston, 1875.
In 1862 a group worshipping at the Tontine Reading Room asked to be permitted to form a UP congregation. In 1863 some of the members moved to worship in premises at Commercial Road and in 1866 they occupied a brick church in Cumberland Street. This church was built on the site in 1873.
The church became United Free in 1900 and the congregation united with Oatlands UF in 1902. The building was demolished.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
churches, Cumberland Street United Free Church, Cumberland Street United Presbyterian Church