Albert Street United Presbyterian Church at the corner of Taylor Street in Townhead, 1875.
In 1855 Blackfriars United Presbyterian (Mission) Church opened in an old church building in Blackfriars Street. In 1872 the congregation moved to a new church in Albert Street. The church became United Free in 1900 and in 1927 was renamed Brunton, in honour of a former minister. Later, the congregation became part of Barony Ramshorn Parish and the building was demolished.
The church was built in the early French Gothic style. The front gable featured three medallion heads sculpted by William Mossman to represent the Reformation, the first Secession and the Disruption.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
Albert Street United Presbyterian Church, Barony Ramshorn Parish Church, Blackfriars United Presbyterian Church, Brunton United Free Church, French Gothic, medallions, mission churches, scupltures