Claremont United Presbyterian Church on Claremont Street at La Belle Place in Kelvingrove, 1875.
The church was dedicated in 1856 and later became Claremont United Free. An organ was installed in the building but remained silent for sixteen years as the minister disapproved of instrumental music during services. The church united with College and Kelvingrove in 1927 after a fire destroyed the latter church. Other unifications followed, and the congregation (which became part of Anderston Kelvingrove Parish) finally departed from the building in 1963.
At the beginning of the 21st century the site is occupied by an office block.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
church organs, churches, Claremont United Free Church, Claremont United Presbyterian Church, College and Kelvingrove United Free Parish Church