Renfield Street United Presbyterian Church, 1875.
The congregation was formed in 1847 as an offshoot from the Regent Place United Presbyterian Church. The new church building was erected at the corner of Sauchiehall Street the following year, on the site of an old well. It became United Free in 1900, a Church of Scotland in 1929 and in 1964 the building was closed when the congregation united with Milton St Stephen's to form Renfield Parish Church.
A branch of British Home Stores was built on the site.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
British Home Stores, Church of Scotland, churches, Renfield Parish Church, Renfield Street United Free Church, Renfield Street United Presbyterian Church, wells