Govan United Presbyterian Church on Copeland Road at Govan Road, 1875.
The original Govan United Secession Church was erected on the site in 1847 and replaced with the distinctive building pictured here (designed by James Thomson) in 1870. It was by then UP and became United Free in 1900. The congregation terminated in 1930 on uniting with St Columba Gaelic as St Columba's Copeland Road. The building was demolished.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
churches, Govan United Free Church, Govan United Presbyterian Church, Govan United Secession Church, Greek Revival, temples