Gillespie United Presbyterian Church in Great Hamilton Street (later renamed London Road) at Bain Street, 1875.
Gillespie was originally a division of the Calton Relief Church, which met at the Mechanics' Hall in Canning Street from 1840 until the new church was completed in 1845. The church became United Secession, then United Presbyterian and finally United Free. The congregation terminated on uniting with Central as Gillespie Central, and the building was put to commercial uses before it was demolished.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
Calton Relief Church, churches, Gillespie Relief Church, Gillespie United Free Church, Gillespie United Presbyterian Church, Gillespie United Secession Church, Mechanics' Hall