Montrose Street United Presbyterian Church in Montrose Street, north of George Street, 1875.
The congregation was founded in 1840 by former members of the Duke Street Anti-Burgher Church. It met at the Merchants' Hall in Hanover Street until 1841, when it occupied this church in Montrose Street. In 1875 the congregation moved again, to Woodlands Road, and became the Woodlands Road United Presbyterian Church (later Woodlands United Free).
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
churches, Duke Street Anti-Burgher Church, Duke Street United Presbyterian Church, Merchants' Hall, Montrose Street Anti-Burgher Church, Montrose Street United Presbyterian Church, Woodlands Road United Presbyterian Church, Woodlands United Free Church