Originally a United Secession church, it opened on London Road at Brook Street in August 1837. It subsequently became a United Free church.
The congregation terminated in 1950 on uniting with the Church of Scotland's St Clement's (also on Brook Street) as London Road St Clement's. It became Bridgeton Parish Church in 1967 on union with Bridgeton and Newhall.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK