The Eglinton Street United Secession congregation was formed in 1823 and worshiped at first in the Lancastrian School in Portugal Street. The church in Eglinton Street at the corner of Bedford Street was opened in 1825. The congregation terminated in 1920 on uniting with Elgin Street as Eglinton Elgin UF. The church building became a cinema in 1921. It was destroyed by fire in 1932 and a Mecca Social Club erected in its place.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK