Newton Place United Presbyterian Church on Dumbarton Road, Partick, 1875.
The Newton Place Relief Church congregation was formed in 1823 and worshipped in a building in Castlebank Street until their new church with sittings for 840 worshippers was completed on Dumbarton Road in 1824. The Partick Newton Place Relief Church became the Partick West United Presbyterian Church after 1847. In 1865 a new church with 800 sittings was built on the site, and in 1867 the name changed again, to Newton Place United Presbyterian Church. In 1900 it became Newton Place United Free Church. The United Free joined with the Church of Scotland in 1929.
In 1977 the congregation of Newton Place joined with those of Partick Anderson and Hamilton Crescent to form Partick South Parish Church. The church building was demolished in 1988 and replaced with a modern brick building.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
Church of Scotland, church steeples, churches, Newton Place Relief Church, Newton Place United Free Church, Newton Place United Presbyterian Church, Partick South Parish Church, Partick West United Presbyterian Church, spires