Regent Place United Presbyterian Church, 1875
The Regent Place Anti-Burgher congregation was formed in 1819 by dissident members of the Duke Street congregation and built this church in Regent Place, at 44 Blackfriars Street. Extensive alterations were carried out in 1868. In 1878 the church was demolished to make way for a railway goods depot and the Regent Place UP congregation moved to new premises in Dennistoun. In 1900 it became Regent Place United Free Church, and in 1941 the congregation united with Cathedral Square UF.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
churches, Regent Place Anti-Burgher Church, Regent Place United Free Church, Regent Place United Presbyterian Church