Pollokshaws United Presbyterian Church, 1875.
Pollokshaws Burgher Church was built at 2091 Pollokshaws Road at Matilda Street and dedicated in 1846 after the congregation's original church, the "Kiln Kirk," was burned down.
The church became United Secession, then United Presbyterian and, on the union of 1900, was renamed Pollokshaws Pollok United Free. The congregation was terminated by dissolution in 1976. Efforts were made to preserve the building but there was a long delay in granting planning permission and the empty property was so seriously vandalised that it had to be demolished.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
churches, New Lichts, Pollokshaws Burgher Church, Pollokshaws Pollok United Free Church, Pollokshaws United Presbyterian Church, Pollokshaws United Secession Church