Wellington Street United Presbyterian Church, 1875.
In 1792 members of the Anti-Burgher congregation of the Duke Street Church who lived in the city's West End, petitioned to form their own congregation and build a place of worship closer to their homes. The congregation was formed in 1792 and met at a church in Anderston until 1828, when it moved to this new building (designed by John Baird) in Wellington Street. A new hall was added in 1861.
In 1884 the congregation moved once more to a site on University Avenue in Hillhead. The church was renamed Wellington UP Church.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
Anti-Burgher Church, churches, Duke Street Anti-Burgher Church, Duke Street United Presbyterian Church, Wellington Church, Wellington Parish Church, Wellington Street United Presbyterian Church, Wellington United Presbyterian Church