Anderston United Prebyterian Church, 1875.
The Anderston Relief Church opened in 1770 with 1,140 sittings. Gavin Struthers, the historian of the Relief Church and subsequently a Moderator at the United Presbyterian Church's synod, was minister 1819-1858. This new church was erected in 1840. In 1900 it became the Anderston United Free.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
Anderston Relief Church, Anderston United Free Church, Anderston United Presbyterian Church, churches, moderators, synods