Duke Street United Presbyterian Church in 1875.
The church was built in 1801 by the Anti-Burgher section of the congregation that had split from the Shuttle Street Burgher Church in 1747. The congregation met at a hall in Cow Loan (now Queen Street) until 1754 and then built a church on Duke Street with a frontage on Havannah Street. This handsome building in the classical Greek style was erected in 1801 facing Duke Street.
The church was purchased in 1878 by the North British Railway Co and demolished to make way for a goods yard extension. The congregation moved to a new building in Cathedral Square in 1880.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
Cathedral Square United Presbyterian Church, churches, Duke Street Anti-Burgher Church, Duke Street United Presbyterian church, North British Railway Co, Shuttle Street Burgher Church