Buchanan Street Station in Cowcaddens, c 1890s. The original station building consisted of "temporary" wooden sheds that lasted until the 1930s
The Caledonian Railway Co opened Buchanan Street Station as its Glasgow passenger terminus in 1849. Buchanan Street Goods Station opened the following year. With the opening of Central Station in 1879 the old terminus was limited mostly to handling trains travelling north to Stirling, Perth and Aberdeen. The station closed in 1966 and had been completely demolished by 1971.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU64/3
University of Glasgow
Buchanan Street Station, Caledonian Railway Co, railway stations, streetscenes, wooden buildings, wooden sheds