Aerial view of Glasgow's West End, 1947.
The distinctive outlines of Park Circus (centre right) and the quadrangles of the University of Glasgow's Gilbert Scott Building (centre left) are immediately recognisable, on either side of Kelvingrove Park. Glasgow Western Infirmary lies to the west of the University, on the left of the picture, and the X-shaped Hillhead High School to the north. The Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery and the Kelvin Hall lie to the south, on either side of Dumbarton Road.
Queen's Dock dominates the lower left quarter of the view - it was in-filled in the late 1970s and the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre was built on the site.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU64/88
University of Glasgow
aerial views, docks, Gilbert Scott Building, Glasgow Western Infirmary, Hillhead High School, hospitals, infirmaries, Kelvin Hall, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Kelvingrove Bowling Greens, Kelvingrove Park, parks, Queens Dock, secondary schools, University of Glasgow