Interior of Gilmorehill Hall, University of Glasgow, c 1960s.
Gilmorehill Parish Church was designed by architect James Sellars in 1878, as the Anderston Free Church. Located at the foot of University Avenue, it was built in a Normandy Gothic style. It was acquired by the University of Glasgow in 1963 and converted into an examination hall.
In the 1990s the church was converted again, to become the Gilmorehill Centre. The state-of-the-art Department of Theatre Film and Television Studies is housed there, with a theatre and cinema open to the public.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU32/6
University of Glasgow
Anderston Free Church, auditoria, auditoriums, Church of Scotland, churches, Department of Theatre, Film, and Television Studies, examination halls, Gilmorehill Centre, Gilmorehill Hall, Gilmorehill Parish Church, University of Glasgow buildings