The Graham Kerr (Zoology) Building, University of Glasgow, 1975.
The University's expansion was temporarily halted by the outbreak of the First World War in 1914, and it was not until the 1920s that new building work resumed. The Zoology Building, designed by architect John J Burnet, opened in 1923. Situated to the west of the Natural Philosophy Building, it has a striking channelled stone exterior and classical roof lantern.
The Zoology Building was named for Sir John Graham Kerr, an evolutionary embryologist and Professor of Zoology at the University from 1902 to 1935.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU28/2
University of Glasgow
Graham Kerr Building, Natural Philosophy Building, professors, science, scientists, University of Glasgow buildings, Zoology Building, Zoology Museum