A drawing classroom in the University of Glasgow's Naval Architecture Department, James Watt Engineering Building, 1960s.
The University's Chair of Naval Architecture was the first in the world, founded in 1883 with an endowment from Isabella Elder, widow of the Clyde shipbuilder John Elder. In 1974 the department's name was changed to Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering and in 2001 it merged with the Department of Ship and Marine Technology at the University of Strathclyde to form the joint Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU13/2/21
University of Glasgow
classrooms, interiors, James Watt Building, James Watt Engineering Building, James Watt South Engineering Building, laboratories, Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Ship and Marine Technology, University of Glasgow buildings, University of Strathclyde