Lecture theatre in the University of Glasgow's James Watt South Engineering Building, 1960.
The building, completed in 1958, provided modern facilities for the teaching and study of engineering. This picture shows one of the new lecture theatres, viewed from the back of the hall. The rows of seats have desktops to make note-taking easier and which fold down to allow easier access. There is a large demonstration bench at the front, with blackboards and screens for use with visual aids covering the wall behind.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU13/2/14
University of Glasgow
auditoria, auditoriums, James Watt Building, James Watt Engineering Building, James Watt South Engineering Building, lecture halls, lecture theatres, University of Glasgow buildings