Construction of the University of Glasgow's James Watt South Engineering Building, 1955. The Gilbert Scott Building is in the background.
The building was designed by the architects Keppie, Henderson & Partners and erected on the site of the old Chemistry laboratory, known as Abbot's Kitchen. It opened in 1958.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU13/1/9
University of Glasgow
Abbot's Kitchen, boilers, chemistry, compressors, construction sites, cranes, engineering, Gilbert Scott Building, James Watt Building, James Watt South Engineering Building, Keppie, Henderson & Partners, laboratories, University of Glasgow buildings