Stained glass in the west window of the University Chapel, 1978.
The west window depicts scenes drawn from Glasgow history and legend. The four central figures in these lancets are, from left to right, St Andrew; St Columba; St Mungo and St Ninian. Above them is depicted the building of the Old College (left); craftsmen from the town's guilds at work (middle two), and the building of Glasgow Cathedral. Below them is depicted the Glasgow Fair (left); the meeting of St Mungo and St Columba on the banks of the Molendinar (second from left); St Mungo's arrival in Glasgow (second from right), and the General Assembly of 1638 in Glasgow Cathedral (right).
The window was designed by Douglas Strachan.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU11/20
University of Glasgow
chapels, churches, General Assembly, 1638, Glasgow Fair, saints, stained glass windows, University Chapel, University of Glasgow buildings