The main entrance to the University of Glasgow's Boyd Orr Building on University Avenue, 1972.
The Boyd Orr was designed by the architects Dorward, Matheson, Gleave and Partners and completed in 1972. It has eleven floors of teaching accommodation, with large lecture theatres on the ground floor.
The building is named for the leading nutritionist and Nobel Peace Prize winner Lord Boyd Orr of Brechin (1880-1971), a former student and Rector (1945-1946) and Chancellor (1946-1971) of the University.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU10/6
University of Glasgow
Boyd Orr Building, chancellors, Dorwood, Matheson, Gleave and Partners, nutritionists, rectors, students, tower blocks, University of Glasgow buildings