Professors' Square at the University of Glasgow, looking north from the Principal's Lodging, 1950. The buildings flank three sides of the square.
The professors' houses are now occupied by various University departments and offices, the last professor having departed in the 1980s. For instance, No 11, the former home of Lord Kelvin, was by 2003 the Chaplaincy Centre, and the Stair Building next to it had become the home of the Faculty of Law and Financial Services. No 1 The Square is, in 2003, the Student Recruitment and Admissions Services office.
In 1988 the Principal's Lodging was renovated in keeping with its original design as a home. The Principal continues to live, hold receptions and entertain guests there.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU3/2
University of Glasgow
Chaplaincy Centre, Faculty of Law and Financial Services, Principal's Lodging, professors, Professors' Square, squares, Stair Building, Student Recruitment and Admissions Services, University of Glasgow buildings