The Geography Department's class library at the University of Glasgow, 1950.
In addition to the main University Library, many departments have their own class library. This picture shows the map tables and storage chests needed in a library dedicated to a subject such as geography. The Geography and Topographic Science Department was founded in 1909, and is located in the east quadrangle of the Gilbert Scott Building.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU2/8
University of Glasgow
books, class libraries, east quadrangle, geography, Geography and Topographic Science Department, Geography Department class library, Gilbert Scott Building, University of Glasgow buildings