Advertisement for Red Hackle Scotch whisky in Glasgow University Magazine, March 1946.
Red Hackle was blended and bottled by Hepburn & Ross of Kelvinbridge (founded in 1920) and named from the feather displayed in the headgear of the oldest Highland regiment in the British Army, the Black Watch. The brand was acquired by Robertson & Baxter in 1959.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, DC198/1/44
Glasgow University Archive Services
advertisements, Black Watch, blended Scotch whisky, clansmen, drinking, Glasgow University Magazine, GUM, Hepburn & Ross, kilts, Red Hackle, Robertson & Baxter, Scotch whisky blenders, Scotch whisky bottlers, soldiers, targes, University of Glasgow