Advertisement for overcoats from Rowan & Co, outfitters, in Glasgow University Magazine 18 October 1922.
Rowan & Co was established around 1846, as a boy's outfitters and merchant tailors and opened premises on Argyle Street and Buchanan Street. The firm initially specialised in boys' clothing and became tailors and outfitters to a number of boarding schools around Scotland, including Clifton Bank, St Andrews; Kelvingrove House, Bridge of Allan; Merchiston Castle, Edinburgh and Morrison's Academy, Crieff.
The company also specialised in sports attire, such as clothing for tennis, cricket, golf and boating and were appointed outfitters to Glasgow University Athletic Club.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, DC198/32
Glasgow University Archive Services
advertisements, clothing manufacturers, drapers, fashions, Glasgow University Athletic Club, Glasgow University Magazine, GUAC, GUM, hat manufacturers/suppliers, outfitters, Rowan & Co, shopping, shops, sport, sportswear, tailors, University of Glasgow